Thursday, May 8, 2008

Veterinarian's Salary- Week Four

As I sit here thinking about what to type in google search. I began to chat with Jill and Megan. Then it came to me. What I was going to search was veterinarian's Salary. So I typed it in. Then I realized I needed to use the bathroom. Well I can hold it, such little time and so much research.(google)

On google I found an option that definitely fit my question. What is the average salary Veterinarians make yearly? This website (payscale.com) showed the median salary they make for less than a year to twenty years or more. About less than a year they make $55,114; between 5-9 years they make $68,779 and twenty years or more it's about $75,893. As it states "Just as there is no one kind of veterinarian, there is no single average salary of a veterinarian, nor is there one easy answer to the question 'What is the salary of a veterinarian?' Researching Careers - Veterinarian Salary by Years Experience shows that veterinarian salaries increase steadily with experience, making it a fairly stable career choice."

It also depends on the location of where the Veterinarian works. Stating "The average salary of a veterinarian working in San Diego is fairly close to the average salary of a veterinarian working in Boston; vets on either coast are compensated well. The notable standout for earning a top veterinarian salary is Los Angeles, which currently offers the highest veterinarian salaries by far." (payscale.com)

Basically you need to know the location and what type of Veterinarian you want to be before you can find out how much they make yearly.

" Salary Survey Report for Job: Veterinarian." payscale.com (2000-2008) 08 May 2008 .

5 comments:

Jessica T said...

This is really i good blog i really think that you will become a vet in your future because you seem to know alot and thats good. I think that Being A vet is the best career for you.

jill e said...

Heather.. i think is a good blog because you really put alot of detail in your blog. also it looks like with all the research you did about vets i think you well be able to make a well informed career decison

Megan M said...

i really enjoy reading your blogs you put in alot of information that is very good. I wanted to be a vet when i was little and I did some research on it but never knew how much yearly a vet makes but after reading your blog I do now.

Heather Jacobs said...

Heather ur doing really good, your future is clear now. Did you use clearasil?

GF Eric said...

Funny thing is you start out with having to use the bathroom :P. But a vet does make a lot. I also see you are very interested in this topic. The future is the future and becoming a vet is great no matter where you are cause you are helping animals.