Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Third Week Research and Still the Same Info...

As I continue my research I decided to try a different search engine.I went to Infotrac.com and I typed in "hockey fights" in the search field and it was taking forever to load into Firefox. As I was waiting for this thing to load i was helping Heather as was Jill with her citations that she was doing wrong the entire time.

I kept clicking continue like a billion times and still nothing. I decided to exit out and try Safari and well it worked.So I went back to Infotrac.com and redid everything. I searched hockey fights and clicked on the "news"tab that had 72 findings. I went to the second page and found an article that really caught my eye.("Why do ice hockey players enjoy brawling?")

As I opened it I was thinking to myself "ok this is going to be a good article that's going to give me more information that I need and that I don't already know as to why people want the fights banned." Instead if this "great article" I got about a half of a paragraph not even about 3 sentences of stuff I already found out. It basically said the same thing my friend Erica had told me
in the interview I had with her. It said "that the fights are so prevalent in ice hockey because there is so much physical contact and that it is in the interest of giving the people their money's worth."


"Out of all sportsmen, why do ice hockey players enjoy brawling the most?; Questions answered." The Times (London, England) (June 10, 2005): 77. Custom Newspapers.. Gale. McKinley High School. 14 May 2008
.

2 comments:

jill e said...

Megan..I think you did a good job with this blog you put alot of detail in it.

Heather Jacobs said...

Megan, good blogging. The research you did is right. I love watching Hockey and waiting for a brawl to break out. I think that's the biggest part of me watching the game. But other than that it is an all out interesting sport. Good research topic.