Thursday, May 22, 2008

Final Reflection

So when I started my search about four weeks ago I was looking to answer the question '' is nursing the right career for me?". I figured that this would be a hard question to answer because there is really no way to find out if a career is "right'' for you. I figured to answer my big question I was going to have to first answer a few smaller questions. Some of these questions were "What qualities do you need to become a nurse?", "What is the job of a licensed practical nurse?, and "Is there going to be a good job outlook?".

To find the answers to the job of an lpn I talked to my aunt who is an lpn and I also searched it on Google. The answers that I got from both my aunt and the search on Google were pretty much the same. I got answers such as taking temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, and much more. But over all the things that a nurse does it seems I could handle doing after I got the right training to do so.To find out the qualities it took to be a nurse I also searched Google. The qualities that I found that it takes to be an lpn I consider myself to have. I also found the job outlook for a nurse to be very good and I think I wouldn't have trouble finding a job.




So after I had answered all of my little questions I still had trouble answering the big question. I found myself to have the qualities that someone would need to become a good nurse and I also think that I will be able to handle the work that an lpn has to do everyday. Then I realized that I was having trouble coming up with an answer because there was no simple yes or no answer to really know if nursing will be right for me.

I think that the only real way to find out if nursing is right for me is to just go to school for it as I planned to. If nursing really isn't the right career for me than I could always just go back to school to become something else. But I think with all of the information that I looked up on licensed practical nurses that if I payed attetion in nursing school I will know what I'm doing and I could become a very good nurse. So even though I'm not one hundred percent sure that nursing is the right career for me, the most I could do is work hard in nursing school and I think I could be a good nurse.

No comments: