Friday, January 11, 2008

Assessment - Indy Reading Project - December

Brittany - 2/5 Responses
Kid, we've got to do better.  One post.  74 words.  You've made it on my suspicious persons list.  Get to work.  

Heather - 5/5 Posts
Great job overall.  Your responses are developed and in some places insightful.   Try not to retell so much plot.  Choose one of the questions and develop that answer fully. 

A few questions.  In that last response, you said that the ending fulfilled your expectations.  What did you mean?  What did you need to happen?  Why?  Do you think you can view yourself as a prototypical reader of this type of book?  What does it say about you/human beings that this type of ending is satisfying?

Jillian - 5/5 Posts
Jillian, I'm glad you like Anderson.  She's great.  I have a couple other authors that I'd recommend, and I think you just chose that Looking for Alaska book.  Anyways, good responses.  They are developed and contain decent insight/analysis and comparisons.  Keep up the good work.

Megan - 5/5 Posts
That last post contains a cool comment that I think says a lot about young adult literature (and other literature sometimes (I enjoy reading books about the typical teenage life because sometimes they actually tell your life story without you having to say a word.)).  I might actually steal that.  Actually, I just added it to the sidebar, lol.  Good responses...very developed, but watch the plottiness.  I know two of the final responses were about the book surprising you, but try to focus on that more than retelling the parts of the story.  What did you expect?  Why did you expect it?

Ashley - 4/5 Posts
Lucky sounds like a good book Ashley.  I like that last response.  I like that you are anticipating what the character is going to have to go through.  How do you feel about the situation?  What does it say about our society?

Deniqua - 1/5 Posts

No comments: